Check out these baked berry white chocolate oatmeal bars. They are easy to make filled with clean and nutritious ingredients!
I am a chemical neuroscientist by profession, and am also passionate about cooking. I love treating my kitchen as a laboratory and experimenting with different and unusual flavor profiles. I love reading food-related scientific papers and sharing a summary of findings/chemistry in a manner that is easily understandable to everyone.
Baked Berry and White Chocolate Oatmeal Bars with a Twist
As with most of my other recipes I love adding nutrient-dense ingredients to my recipes. These baked bars are made with clean ingredients and are packed with protein and fiber. They are vegan, and free of refined sugar or gluten.
Have them for breakfast, as a dessert, or as a snack.
- 2 cups rolled oats blended into a flour
- 1.5 cups cooked cannellini beans or red kidney beans (1 15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup chopped boiled beetroot (~2 small beetroots)
- 1/2 cup mixed berry jam (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Blend all the ingredients together except the baking powder and the chocolate chips.
- Add baking powder and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a pan (~ 1.5 inch thick) or a muffin tin.
- Bake for ~25-30 min.
- Cool for 30 min in the fridge.
Berry Chia Jam (makes 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups berries of choice (used strawberries and blueberries)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat the berries on medium heat.
- Once they soften add the lemon juice and cook on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add the chia seeds and allow it to thicken
- Cool in the fridge for an hour
- For more details visit Urjita Shah on Instagram @chemistryinthekitchn