Best Exercises For Weight Loss
Shedding a few pounds can boost your confidence and make you feel good. In fact, maintaining a healthy weight is extremely important to prevent several diseases. However simple it may sound, doing the task is not very easy.
There can be numerous reasons for weight gain, like excessive consumption of junk, increased stress levels, lack of sleep, or any other diseases. Everyone thinks of losing weight, but they drop the plan in just a few weeks.
This happens because most people set unrealistic goals that are impossible to achieve. Especially after the lockdown year, we all need to gear ourselves and focus on reducing that waistline.
Create the best workout routine for weight loss that you will strictly follow to improve your physique. If you too wish to lose weight rapidly, then this post will help you greatly. Keep reading to know about the best exercises for weight loss.
Best Workouts To Lose Weight That Actually Works
Having a healthy diet is extremely important, but it is not enough. Exercising is an integral part of losing weight, and you have to sweat it out. Since spot reduction is no such thing, you will have to lose weight as a whole to get back in shape. Here are some good workouts to lose weight.
If jumping rope was your favorite hobby as well in the school days, then it’s time to go back to that hobby. This fun rope can help you lose weight faster by burning more calories. Contrary to popular belief, jumping rope is a full-body workout.
Not only does it improve your heart health, but every muscle in your body works during this type of workout. Moreover, this is one of the best home exercises for weight loss. All you require for this exercise is a jumping rope, and start jumping using your maximum strength and remember to go higher.
Additionally, this exercise targets your glutes, quads, arms, shoulders and also engages your core. Start by doing 10 sets of 100 jumps each and take a break after completing every set. Increase the number of sets once you start getting comfortable.
- Empowers your heart health
- Enhances your stamina like never before
- Makes your bones stronger
- Best for tracking fast weight loss
- It can leave more stress on your joints
- Chances of sprain in ankles and toes
- It could extend pre-existing bone issues
- Excessive skipping could make your knees weaker
Well, it sure does sound simple, but it is not that easy. If you do not have time to hit the gym, then running is perfect for you. For this, all you will require is a pair of running shoes, and you are ready to go.
Running slowly, then picking up the pace, and then again slowing down is a part of this process. Again, running is a full-body workout which is great for weight loss. Sprinting is another way that allows you to run at high intensity in a short duration.
Running is the best way of pushing your limits to higher levels. Start by running at least half an hour every day and jog when your energy levels are lowest. If you create thebest workout plan to lose weight, then running should be one of them. Just remember that you do not have to indulge in tough exercises to lose weight. Running can become your best companion for shedding kilos.
- An incredible way to keep up the healthy heart
- Covers the issues of the respiratory system
- Running burns maximum calories
- Open up your joints in a better way
- Continuous hours of running could cause body imbalances
- It causes adverse effects on the injuries
- It overloads your knee muscles
- The body takes time to cope up with the running routine
Cycling is one of the favorite hobbies of several people and it comes on the list of easy workouts to lose weight. Whether you are a newbie in fitness or an expert, cycling is great for everyone. This is one exercise that you can enjoy to the core while losing weight. If you can go outdoors to cycle, then it would be the best, otherwise, you can buy a stationary bicycle.
The best part is cycling regularly can improve insulin sensitivity and also lower the risk of cancer as well as heart diseases. Since this exercise is low impact, anyone can do it effortlessly. Apart from improving your health, it contributes greatly to losing weight quickly.
If you are a beginner, then start cycling 30 minutes a day and then increase the time according to your comfort. Research shows that cycling is the best exercise to lose weight fast. So, get back in shape while enjoying the outdoors and listening to some great music.
- Cycling is the best calories cutter
- Adds on to the good health of your lungs
- A healthy heart relates directly to cycling
- Boosts your musculoskeletal systems
- Excessive hours of cycling might lead to lower urinary tract symptoms
- It could turn into major muscle imbalance
- Possibly leaves a bad effect on your posture
- Leads to a rigid upper back
You may have heard a lot of times that you should use the stairs whenever it is possible. If you take 77 steps per minute, then you can burn up to 600 calories per hour. This exercise is perfect for all the busy bees out there that do not have an hour to hit the gym or go out for a walk.
Stairs are everywhere, and you just have to climb up and down the stairs. Along with boosting anaerobic fitness, this helps in lowering cholesterol as well as promoting fat loss. If you have a desk job, climbing the stairs will keep your legs and hips in shape.
Also, it corrects your posture, so you have to try this out. This is one of the good exercises to lose weight and for sure you will agree. If you want to take the exercise to a higher level, then you can keep dumbbells in your hand. Make sure to choose the weight you are comfortable with and then start working out on the stairs.
- Simply the best kind of low-cardio workout
- An immense fat burning technique
- Promotes heart health
- Resolves the issues of respiratory diseases
- Merely focuses on your legs muscles
- It could create long run knee-centric issues
- Chances of ending up with toe injuries
- Stair climbing is not recommended for people suffering from a hip injury
You can tell by the body of swimmers how much swimming is great for fat loss. This super fun exercise will not even feel like an exercise. However, this is not about enjoying the pool because how you swim affects you the most.
Backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly strokes are some strokes that offer full-body workouts. If you are swimming for an hour three days a week, then you will notice a significant fat loss in your body. Swimming is one of the easy exercises to lose weight because it is low impact.
People who have injuries, body pain, or joint pain who can’t go to the gym can still opt for swimming. Along with reducing health risks like heart diseases and increased blood pressure levels, this exercise also improves flexibility. So, are you ready to shed a few kilos quickly without even putting in much effort?
- Tracks the upright heart rate
- The most sorted way to stay fit
- Revamps your sleeping cycle
- Improves your range of motion
- Sometimes pool chemicals might turn hazardous
- It can cause serious injuries
- Swimming strokes leads to shoulder cramps
- Not recommended for the person who faces frequent knee pain
Moving on to the next best exercises for weight loss at home, mountain climbers deserve to be on the list. It works on your overall health and assists in losing fat. Just like the other exercises on this list, this exercise works on your full body as well.
For this workout, you will require a yoga mat. You can start by lying down on your yoga mat on your stomach. Take a few deep breaths. Now place both of your hands on the ground so the arms are straight. Pull your body upwards in a way that the entire body weight is concentrated on the hands and tips of the toes.
Take your left leg first and bend it to bring it closer to your chest while your right leg remains straight. Repeat this with your right leg and continue doing it just like you are climbing a mountain. It is crucial to maintain a proper posture during this exercise.
- Remarkable to strengthen your core muscles
- Burns greatest portion of calories
- Best for reducing the belly fat
- Better than running
- Fastens your heart rate
- Not the perfect workout for people with breathing issues
- Requires a lot of energy and hard work
- Feet injuries are complimentary
Strength training is the most popular form for losing weight. If you focus on increasing your metabolism, your calories will burn faster automatically. When you have muscle tissue in excess, the body uses more energy and thereby burns more calories.
You start losing weight when you have more muscle and less fat. This is what strength training helps you find easily. Lifting weight will not only burn calories but will also make your bones stronger. Moreover, strength training can be done in various ways.
For instance, if you are performing squats, do it holding dumbbells in your hand. The weight you hold completely depends on you and your capacity. Do not go overboard in the starting itself as you may hurt yourself. Gradually increase the reps and the weight you hold to see progress. Strength training is an essential part of the best exercises for weight loss.
- Build up your muscles
- Stronger bones forever
- Cuts down the dangers of low bone density
- Eradicates the symptoms of arthritis
- It holds excessive injury risks
- Brings that unwanted muscle soreness
- It might lead to muscle imbalances
- Heavy weights can cause tissue breaks or hairline fractures
Things To Remember Before You Set Off To Your Workout Journey
These were some of the best exercises for weight loss that you can do easily. But before you begin your journey of working out right at your place, there are a few things you must know:
- Exercising is only effective when it is done the right way. There is no point in working out for hours for a day and then stopping it altogether from the next day. Taking small but consistent steps is the key to losing weight easily.
- Before you start exercising, ensure that you indulge in a warm-up first. Let your body relax and come in its form to prevent any sort of injuries. Do not start exercising vigorously as it may harm your muscles or cause a sprain. Take it slowly and increase the pace when your body is ready.
- Pushing your limits is good, but only to a certain extent. If your body is not ready to do workouts, then don’t. When you are feeling sick or extremely tired, then it won’t be the best time to put pressure on your body. Know when not to workout!
- Drink lots of water in a day to keep yourself hydrated and energized. Eating a healthy diet is extremely important so you can workout properly. You can also take protein shakes and drinks that provide you with high energy. Make sure to never workout on an empty stomach.
- Whatever exercise you are performing, the thing that matters the most is your posture. If your form is not right, then the exercise will have little or no effect on your body. You can either take guidance from gym instructors or watch videos to see how the exercises are done.
So, it was a detailed post about the best exercises for weight loss. Now, surely by following these exercises daily, you will acquire your fitness goals. So, choose your kind of preferred workout and start your weight loss journey now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jumping ropes, running or mountain climbs are the best for losing weight.
Yes, working out 30 minutes a day is enough to lose weight.
Mountain climbs, skipping and stair climbing burn the most fat at home.
Well, you cannot get skinny in just 7 days. However, you can lose some inches in a week by following a proper workout regimen and diet. If you wish to shed extra fat and appear slim then continue with the calorie deficit diet and full-body workouts.
Yes, walking helps to reduce weight.