Round-shaped eyes are alluring and allows versatility with your eye makeup. These eye shapes are youthful, and often looks good with minimal make-up. Round eyes can make you appear more awake too. Accentuate the beauty of your eyes by applying eyeliner for round eyes and make your eyes pop even more. Here is our eye makeup for round eyes guide, guaranteed to help you enhance your eye shape with lifting and elongation techniques.
Steps on how to apply round eye makeup
The following round eyes makeup steps were inspired by Makeup Artist Pro.
- For eye shape enhancement, utilize a liquid eyeliner. Line your upper lash line very sparsely. Draw your line from your eye’s inner corner towards its outer corner. This will help embolden your lash line, and make it appear wider.
- To enhance your eye’s roundness, try to make your line very wide in the center of your upper lash line.
- If you want to lift your eyes a bit, try widening the line at your eye’s outer corner.
- To lengthen the shape of your eyes, draw a cat eye at the end of your line. Ensure that the liner faces the tip of your outer brow for an additional lift.
- The longer you cat eye line is extended, the longer your round eyes will look.
- Don’t forget to line toward your eyes inner corner to complete the look.
- Add another few coats of liner to the line you’ve already drawn.
- If you want your eyes to be a bit more almond-shaped, add some eye pencil to your waterline.
- Add a few layers of your favorite black mascara, for added allure.
- Clean up mistakes or liner flaws with a makeup remover pen.
Products You Will Need for This Round Eyes Look
- An eye pencil
- Liquid eyeliner (Preferably black)
- Black mascara
- An eye makeup remover pen
- Eyeshadow (optional)
Tips for Applying Eye Makeup to Round Eyes
Round-shaped eyes look sweet. If you want a more sophisticated round-eye look, why not create some drama. You can do so by applying a subtle smoky eye. So how does one do this? Simply take an eyeshadow palette and find the darkest shade there. Take a blending brush and apply some of the shade to your eye’s center. Continue blending this out to achieve a longer shape.
Try to use highly pigmented eyeshadow when creating your smoky eye, as this will make your look bolder and last longer.
You should also add some light to your look. This will enhance the outer and inner corners of your eyes. Select a light shade from your eyeshadow palette as your highlighter. Apply along your eye’s outer lash line to make your eyes appear longer. If you want your eyes to appear more almond-shaped, use some light eyeshadow at the inner corners of your eyes.
Then select a shimmery eyeshadow and a wet rounded brush and apply a bit to the outer and inner corners of your eye. This will make your eyes appear brighter.
Winged eyeliner for round eyes is ideal here. This adds edges and lines to your eyes, which is turn heightens eye definition. If you have round eyes, you may also want to make it appear longer.
If you want to enhance the natural shape of your eyes, simply line your upper lash line with an eyeliner for round eyes. You can dramatize or enhance the outer corners of your eyes with a smudgy dark eyeliner. Simply smudge the liner along both your lower and upper lash lines. You may also draw an extended wing to enhance your eye’s natural shape.
For a fuller overall effect, you can apply makeup to your entire eye area, and use more than just eyeliner and mascara. Start with your eyebrows, as unsightly eyebrows can affect your eye makeup look, if they appear scruffy. Define your brows by using some stencils and tweezers to shape up and get those brows on fleek. Make sure the brow stencil has an arch, if you don’t have a natural arch. Then draw the arch with an eye pencil. This will help define your eyes.
Use some primer to prepare your eyelids. This helps keep your eye makeup on for longer. Don’t forget to apply some concealer around your eyes. This removes any unsightly dark marks. If you’re going for a more natural look, for daytime wear, apply a neutral-color eyeshadow to your brow bone and eyelid. This neutral eyeshadow also acts as your base.
To highlight your eyes and make them truly pop, apply some light-colored eyeshadow to the corners of your eyes and underneath your brow bone.
Line your lower lash line along your waterline with a stayfast eye pencil. Draw your wing with your black liquid eyeliner for round eyes. Ensure that your wing extends upwardly. If the line points downward, your eyes will appear droopy.
Use an eyeshadow palette for a nude or natural look. One great product here is Maybelline’s Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. It has 12 shades for you to play around with, plus instructions at the back on how you can create different looks using various combinations.
If your eyelashes extend downward, use an eyelash curler to extend them upwards. You may then apply some of your favorite black mascara to your upper and lower eyelashes.
The best eyeliner for round eyes are the liquid variations. Use these to draw your wing, and line your upper lash line.
Round eyes are girlish-looking. They appear open and have that wide-awake look.