From an early age, Sonya Desai, age 6 and her sister Hira Desai, age 4, learned to love cooking and coming up with creative vegetarian recipes. While they are still young, they help their mom, Krystal Desai, make dinner; it was her way to engage them and try new foods. The Desai sisters have a favorite food, and that is noodles, and they show their love of cooking by posting their many creations on their Instagram page @cheese_babies. Their latest fusion creation is a delectable creamy pasta dish, made with French brie cheese and a MAGGI® noodles masala packet. They shared the recipe below with us for January 4 which is National Spaghetti Day. When they aren’t cooking in the kitchen the Desai sisters love horseback riding and watching movies.
Spaghetti in Masala Brie
This is a creamy Indian fusion pasta that is perfect for special occasions.
- 8 oz Brie
- 4 oz dry Spaghetti pasta (about 1/4 pound)
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Broth
- 1 package MAGGI® Masala Spicy
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F
- Cook the dry spaghetti per the instructions on the box
- Slice the top of the brie open and remove 3 tablespoons of the brie
- In the brie, add vegetable broth and the MAGGI® Masala Spicy
- Place the top back on brie, and wrap in foil
- Once the brie is properly wrapped, place in the oven for 6-7 minutes (until the brie is melted)
Once the pasta is cooked, open the brie add mix in the pasta