We are thrilled that Aziz Ahmad will be one of our speakers at the SEEMA SUMMIT, on Sunday March 8 in New York City. The event gives center stage to influential South Asian women for remarks and panel discussions of their professional and personal experiences. We also will announce exclusive findings from SEEMA about how cultural expectations impact the lives of South Asian women.
Aziz Ahmad is a rising thought-leader on the evolving next global economy based not on geography or class, but on equal opportunity for all based on digital access, shared values, intelligent quality control and raw desire. As a seasoned technology entrepreneur, Ahmad founded multiple ventures of global impact. His most recent is CodersTrust, a firm supported by the Danish Government with the vision to democratize global access to education and opportunity via the use of an Internet platform that delivers the intelligent support of human mentors. For the last two decades, Ahmad has also served as Founder, President and CEO of UTC Associates, Inc., a leading business, systems and network integration company. During late 1990s, he was the lead architect for AT&T’s 21st century networks. He also directed AT&T’s Next Generation Internet Team/Consortium, which researched, developed and demonstrated next-gen broadband access based on IP and multi-wavelength optical technology.
Ahmad’s numerous speaking engagement across the areas of technology, social venture initiatives and their synergies include Davos WEF and as a keynote panel speaker for Future of Works, hosted by Pope Francis. Ahmad holds B.E. and M.E. degrees in electrical engineering from The City College of New York, and an Executive Management Program from Tuck School of Business of Dartmouth College.
Join us to hear from Aziz and other amazing South Asian women (and men) who are breaking barriers in the world today:
- Aziz Ahmad, CEO of UTC Associates, Inc., and Co-Founder Coders Trust
- Ishveen Anand, Founder and CEO of OpenSponsorship
- Rachana Bhide, Broadcaster and Founder of The Corner in the Court Project (Moderator)
- Nilanjana Bhowmik, Founder and General Partner of Converge
- Nayantara Dutta, Creator of Defining Desi
- Dr. Anita Goel, Chairman and Scientific Director of Nanobiosym
- Sadia Halim, Managing DIrector of BNP Paribas
- Rachna Hukmani, Founder and CEO of Whiskey Stories LLC
- Viveka Hulyalkar, Co-Founder and CEO of Beam
- Dr. Malvika Iyer, award-winning disability rights activist, motivational speaker
- Sarina Jain, Founder of Masala Bhangra Workout
- Raman Kapur, President of The Indus Entrepreneurs New Jersey Chapter
- Surabhi Lal, Chief Impact Officer of Luminary
- Hetal Parikh, President of Rangam Consultants, Inc.
- Palak Patel, Chef and Food Network Personality
- Smita Pillai, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer of Dow Jones
- Dr. Amrit Ray, Global President of R&D and Medical of Pfizer
- Raashi Rosenberger, Global Brand Strategy, Consumer Apps of Google
- Trisha Sakhuja-Walia, Founder of Browngirl
- Aneri Shah, Founder and CEO of Sightworthy
- Deepti Sharma, Founder and CEO of FoodtoEat
- Shwetha Shetty, Vice President, Corporate Strategy of SAP
- Roopa Unnikrishnan, Vice President Strategy of Harman
- Sweta Vikram, best-selling author, coach
The SEEMA SUMMIT begins with Brunch and ends with networking as well as mingling among pop-up shops with cocktails:
- 09:30a – 10:30a Registration and Brunch
- 10:30a – 10:33a Welcome Remarks
- 10:33a – 10:45a Introduction and Unveiling Results of SEEMA Survey
- 10:45a – 10:50a Meditation
- 10:50a – 11:10a Keynote Chef Palak Patel, Chef and Food Network Personality
- 11:15a – 11:40a Panel: Balancing It all In the Corporate World
- 11:45a – 12:10p Panel: Beyond STEM. A discussion on coronavirus and more.
- 12:15p – 12:40p Panel: Leaders Changing the World Through Entrepreneurship
- 12:50p – 01:00p Networking Break / South Asian Women Pop Up Shops/ Headshots
- 01:00p – 01:40p Choice of Discussion Breakouts
- 01:40p – 02:00p Networking Cocktails / Pop-Up Shops/ Headshots