A special dish for the woman who gave you life
It’s always a great idea to cook something for your mother. So this Mother’s Day we share a recipe to make her day special.
“Stuffed zucchini parcels are something a lot of kids love to eat, and moms love to make. It is an easy recipe that involves their favorite ingredients, such as cheese and tomato sauce. Zucchini adds the much-needed vegetable element to it,” says Hiren, head chef, Millo Mumbai.
Stuffed Zucchini Parcels courtesy Hiren Mistry, head chef, Millo Mumbai
- 7 oz zucchini
- 4 ¼ oz cheese
For the sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ¾ oz Italian peeled tomato
- 5 ½ oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 basil leaves
- Microgreens for garnish
The zucchini stack
- Peel long zucchini strands from each side.
- Cut a small piece of cheese and criss-cross along with zucchini strands.
- Seal the zucchini from all sides making it look like a square piece.
- Seal it and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
For the tomato sauce
- Sauté garlic until brown in olive oil.
- Add crushed tomatoes and let it cook in a pan for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are properly cooked, add salt.
- Take out the zucchini stacks from the fridge and grill them on a non-stick pan until slightly brown.
- Spread the sauce on a plate and add those stacks on top of the sauce.
- Garnish with microgreens and drizzle olive oil over it.