Summer might sizzle. However, you don’t have to swelter in place any longer. From frozen drinks and wine coolers to cocktails, there are all kinds of tasty treats to cool down with. Here are a few summer favorites that you can chill out with all summer long.
Why the Right Summer Drinks Matter
Whether it’s for your backyard BBQ or beach bash, these tasty concoctions won’t disappoint:
- Beer Margarita: A hint of sweetness heightens the flavor.
- Caribbean Rum Punch: Serve chilled with fruit (don’t forget the nutmeg).
- Frozen Mudslide: Coffee and Irish liqueur AND whipped cream. Yum!
- Lemon Drop Martini: Ideal for any get-together.
- Mint Julep: Best served in a frozen goblet.
- Pina Colada: Crank up the Jimmy Buffet, if you like pina colada!
- Real Mojito: The trick? The hint of granulated sugar.
- Strawberry Basil Mojito: Fresh strawberries, mint, and limes make this a go-to fav.
- Strawberry Daiquiri: Use ripe strawberries for extra sweetness.
- Summer Beer: Beer, pink lemonade and vodka. What’s not to spike?
- Watermelon Margarita: Make extra mix and freeze it (you’ll need it!).
Source: All Recipes
Cheers to Summer!
Summer’s not limited to blended drinks. Make that beach trip or cookout the toast of the town with these chilling champagne favorites. Note: They’re gonna want the recipe!
Chill with These Champagne Favs:
- Barbotage: Make 2 batches of this grand marnier, brut champagne and cognac blend.
- Bellini: Dress up any brunch with this peach and dry champagne crowd pleaser.
- Champagne Lemonade: The secret’s the Moscato and tart lemons.
- Raspberry Lime Champagne Punch: Chill before adding the champagne for pure wow!
- Summer Fling: It’s lemonade’s twisted sister (with champagne).
- The Ghost: The secret’s the hidden Midori.
Tweaked to Your Taste Margarita Favorites
- Watermelon Basil
- Spicy Avocado Coconut
- Spicy Blackberry
- Spicy Mandarin
- Smoky Orange and Thyme
- Strawberry and Pineapple
Source: Vine Pair
There’s No Shame in This Sangria Game
From lightly spiced to citrus flavors, these sangria recipes are so good, make a double batch for max refreshment.
- Berrylicious Slush: Yummy slushies are sweet summer in a glass.
- Classic Spanish: The secret? Don’t dilute it with carbonated drinks.
- Melon Chiller: Juicy melons makes this #1.
- Peach Basil White: With ripe peaches, you won’t need sugar or agave.
- Pretty in Pink: The pink color makes this a shower or brunch favorite.
- Rose: Chill it ahead of time.
- Sassy: Orange, lime and pineapple are quite refreshing.
- Sunset: Try it with gin or vodka.
- Watermelon: Secret flavors include blueberry, orange and lime.
- White Peach: Lemonade and grape make it flavorful.
- White: Mango and orange slices…so mouth-watering.
Source: All Recipes
Watch Everyone Spritz Over to Enjoy These
Not a mixologist? Don’t sweat it. it’s easy to create these bubbly, thirst-quenching spritzers. Pool and beach not necessary as these spritzes will summerize any event.
- Blackberry Mint
- Fig and Bourbon
- Grapefruit and Ginger
- Pomegranate and Lemonade
- Mandarin and Vodka
- Mango Moscato
- Red Wine with Blood Orange Grapefruit
- Rosemary Gin
- Rosemary Peach
- Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Aperol and Rose
- Strawberry Ginger and Sparkling Wine
- Strawberry Thyme Lilley
- Vodka Lime
- Zesty White Wine with Sliced with Chili Peppers
Note: These all-day sippers are so pretty you won’t want to drink them. But, do enjoy!
Wine Not! Favorite Wines and Wine Cooler Flavors
Aside from frozen drinks, here are a few favorite wines to delight your guests with. From light wines to fruity flavors, these will pair nicely with any event.
- Cucumber Melon Ball: With vodka, cucumber, cantaloupe and white wine.
- Lemonheads: Cointreau and limoncello are key ingredients.
- Peaches and Honey: The seltzer makes it pop!
- Red Raspberry: Don’t forget the orange slices.
- Watermelon Nectarine: The secret’s adding fresh mint.
Exceptional Summer Wines
- Albarino: Serve it with white fish and meat dishes.
- Barbera: Enjoy it with a slice of pizza.
- Chardonnay: Partner it with scallops and leeks.
- Frappato: Pair it with lamb, potato pancakes, or oysters.
- Lambrusco di Sorbara Albarino: Save it for hearty lasagna dishes.
- Pinot Grigio: Serve it with seafood.
- Pinot Noir: Save it for barbecue meat dishes.
- Provence Rose: It marries well with shellfish, pork, poultry and brunch menus.
- Riesling: Pair it with spicy dishes and Thai food.
- Sauvignon Blanc: It’s ideal for chicken dishes.
Best Summer EVER!
Ultimately, with so many yummy recipes, you can create all kinds of tasty beverages for your cookout, formal occasion or time relaxing at the beach. With so many frozen and blended drinks, stay cool in the shade all summer long, enjoy!